2. However, I spent most of my adolescent years on a ranch in Northern California. This is how I learned that waking up at 6:00 AM to feed the dogs, cows, sheep, horse, goat and chickens may be terrible when you are a kid, but looking back on the memories and life lessons learned by that is wonderful.
3. My friends and I would have our own mini rodeos and I became quite adept at riding sheep.
4. My first job was at a doughnut shop when I was 15. There is nothing better than eating a fresh doughnut, but most importantly, there is nothing worse than cleaning up after the doughnut bakers first thing in the morning.
5. My current job is an Independent Consultant for Rodan + Fields Skincare. I have always minimally taken care of my skin but have never been huge on using a ton of products. When my friend introduced me to this line, I was skeptical, but gave it shot. I noticed such a difference in my skins appearance the first time I used it, I knew I had to learn more. And when I did, I knew I could not pass up this opportunity. If you have any questions or concerns about your skin or about the business side, please check out my website or email me directly at email@example.com.
6. I truly have a Modern Family. My parents divorced when I was 2 and each remarried and had children with their respective new spouses. I am blessed with step-parents and 3 siblings whom I adore. The term "half-sibling" does not apply here. My mom and step-dad divorced and my step-dad remarried a wonderful woman who has been a fantastic bonus step-mom. All of this adds up to one thing; my children have so many people who love them that it makes my heart want to explode.
7. I lost my dad to lung cancer on November 25, 2014. It has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through and I miss him everyday.
8. I have a B.A. in Psychology from San Diego State University. Obviously, I am an armchair psychologist and love to listen and learn from all the people in my life.
9. I have an incredible and extremely impressive hidden talent; wheelies in wheelchairs. Growing up, my grandma watched me everyday after school. She spent a lot of time in a wheelchair after she had a leg amputated, or I should say I spent a lot of time in her wheelchair.
10. I am terribly uncoordinated and have no rhythm whatsoever. Which means I am terrible at sports and only dance when I have had more than a few drinks.
11. I have a huge appetite. My husband is 6'4 " and I routinely eat as much as he does. My lack of portion control lead me to the low-carb diet. I found I could still eat a large amount of the things I really loved.
12. My favorite food is dips. I love anything I can dip stuff into. Ranch, hummus, guacamole, salsa, queso...I promise I have never met a dip I didn't like. In fact, my favorite low-carb snack is hummus and cucumbers.
13. My second favorite food is burritos. Every meal, everyday and I would be just fine with that.
14. One time, I ran a marathon. And when I say ran, I mean ran a little and walked a lot. My knees have never been the same since.
15. My two daughters make my life worth living.
16. I love Reality TV. From cooking shows, to HGTV to The Real Housewives. I love it all and it is actually pretty embarrassing.
17. Barre is my favorite form of fitness. It is low-impact and has fast results. Perfect for a person like me who has terrible knees and an incredibly short attention span when it comes to working out.
18. I met my husband when I was 22 at a bar. We have literally been together ever since. He is my best friend and I could not imagine my life without him.
19. Thanksgiving is obviously the best holiday. How can a day filled with gravy, booze, friends and family be wrong?
20. Taco Bell is my favorite fast food. Don't judge.
21. I have an irrational fear of freak accidents and am always thinking of the worst case scenario. Basically I am a joy to be around.
22. I am hyper competitive. I think being a terrible athlete made me really want to win at things I was good at. You know, really cool things like Math games, card and Nintendo games.
23. I hate to be wrong. And I hate that about myself.
24. I love traveling and have been to some amazing places. I love to experience everything a new place has to offer from the food to the shopping to the culture. My favorite city I have been to is Vancouver B.C., Canada. One of the most beautiful, clean and culturally diverse places I have been.
25. This blog has changed my life in such a great way, I am inspired everyday and grateful to be able to share my hobby and passion with you. I truly appreciate the support from the bottom of my heart.